Braised eggs and riblets (Thịt kho trứng). One of my childhood favorites and now my son’s. It’s also a family-stable meal for most Vietnamese at dinnertime. The meat is tender, juicy, savory….and just so delightful with all the elements!!
Here, I’m using our PhaSauce Garlic marinade to make with a few ingredients in a pressure cooker. Tasty, simple, and quick in 30 minutes. I’m pairing it with boiled cabbage and Jasmine rice. Enjoy!!
- 4 lbs of riblets and pork shoulder
- 3/4 cup of PhaSauce garlic marinade
- 1 can Rico coconut soda
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp of ground pepper
- 12 small boiled eggs (add in after)
- Green onions and cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Wash and rinse the meat in salt and vinegar
- Mix altogether ingredients except eggs
- Cook in the pressure cooker at high for 20 minutes
- When done, at in eggs and let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro
Full instructions video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEgs05pzU0/