- 1 lb of New Zealand escargots
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tbsp white wine
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp ground pepper
- 3 birds eye Thai chili pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- 1/4 cup of Vietnamese Garlic Dressing & Dip or Vietnamese Garlic Dressing & Dip (Spicy)
- Put 1 cup of water and bring to a boil
- Add in all ingredients except dressing, ginger, and pepper and bring to a boil
- Cook for 5 minutes on high heat
- In a separate bowl – add in the dipping sauce, chili pepper, jalapeños, and ginger.
- Dip escargots with Vietnamese Garlic Dressing & Dip or Vietnamese Garlic Dressing & Dip (Spicy)
Escargots contain a lot of protein and low in fat, so they are considered nutrient-rich cooking ingredients, of course, if prepared properly.
The taste of escargots will remind many people of mussel meat or scallops but a little tougher.