Banh mi (Bánh Mì) is a Vietnamese street food sandwich that’s becoming more and more mainstream. It’s popular because of the umami toppings!! Banh mi kep thit nuong is served with French baguette, savory meat, cucumber, pickled carrots and daikon, cilantro, and serrano pepper. I especially love Banh Mi charcuterie. PhaSauce lemongrass marinade is all you need for your next Banh Mi’s crave.
- 1.5 lb of pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of PhaSauce lemongrass marinade
French bread to make 4-foot-long sandwiches
- 1 cup of pickled carrots and daikon
- 2 Persian cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 2 serrano peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 3 tablespoons mayo (optional, I left it out to reduce calories)
- Marinate pork loin for 15 minutes in PhaSauce lemongrass marinade
- Add in oil to prevent the meat from sticking
- Grill (Portable) meat on med-high heat for 3 minutes on each side
- Toast baguettes and assemble all ingredient
There are many reasons why banh mi is a good choice for a meal. One reason is that it is a convenient and portable food that can be easily taken on the go. It is also a tasty and satisfying meal that is full of flavor and texture.
Overall, banh mi is a delicious and convenient food that is enjoyed by people of all ages in Vietnam and around the world. Whether you are looking for a quick lunch on the go or a satisfying dinner at home, banh my is a great choice.
Full instructions video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmN5eEjDKDY/